Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I've upgraded my os to windows 10 so it took the the activation from my previouse win 7, after a 7 month i needed to format my laptop so i don't know how to get back to activated windows

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

Do you have access to another computer?  If so, you can just create the Windows 10 installation media on another PC and then use it to reinstall 10 on your notebook. 

Another option would be if you know anyone who has created their own Win 10 media - as long as it's for the correct verion ( ie Windows 10 Home 64bit ), you could also use this to install 10 on your notebook.  This will still activate Ok as the activation servers will have retained a unique hardware profile of your machine after the original upgrade to 10 - which ever method you use, just be sure to select 'I don't have a Product key' at the activation screen.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

This would depemd on which OS you wish to reinstall.

If you want to reinstall your original Windows 7, you'll need to use your Recovery Media - see the link below for details.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01867418

If you wish to reinstall Windows 10, you will have 'Digital Entitlement' from your previous upgrade - as long as the previous installation of Windows 10 had activated Ok after the upgrade from Windows 7, you can just create your own Windows 10 installation media and perform a clean installation as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you so much David

My problem that i already formated my harddesk and have no more way to creat media for the upgraded win 10, the only thing i have now is the product key of win 7 which came with the laptop, its on a stiker at my HP laptop

hope you can find me way.

best regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

Do you have access to another computer?  If so, you can just create the Windows 10 installation media on another PC and then use it to reinstall 10 on your notebook. 

Another option would be if you know anyone who has created their own Win 10 media - as long as it's for the correct verion ( ie Windows 10 Home 64bit ), you could also use this to install 10 on your notebook.  This will still activate Ok as the activation servers will have retained a unique hardware profile of your machine after the original upgrade to 10 - which ever method you use, just be sure to select 'I don't have a Product key' at the activation screen.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thx again

yess very helpfull

best best reagrds

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're more than welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.