Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi .. a question about the provided warranty. .. Cant see any specific place to post so trying in first one ..

Purchased product in early Jan 2017 around the 6th... warranty runs out on Dec 1 2017 .. in my mind this is not a 12 month warranty as advertised more an 11 month one ?

surely a company like HP dont go for false advertising on something like this ?

should a warranty not expire 12 months after the product has been delivered ? or one day short to get the full 12 months ?

maybe its just a small point but one I find very annoying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Whitler wrote:

Hi .. a question about the provided warranty. .. Cant see any specific place to post so trying in first one ..

Purchased product in early Jan 2017 around the 6th... warranty runs out on Dec 1 2017 .. in my mind this is not a 12 month warranty as advertised more an 11 month one ?

should a warranty not expire 12 months after the product has been delivered ? or one day short to get the full 12 months ?

Hi @Whitler

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Let me explain to you what happens.

Warranty period starts from the date of purchase and is 1 year full.

You see 01 December 2017 because your device was produced around 1st of December 2016 and automatically registrerd in the HP System as manufactured on 1st of December, therefore 1 year ahead up to 01 December 2017.

I would suggest you prepare your receipt, any documents you have with regards to purchase and contact HP Support.Please, ask the HP representative to file in a warranty dispute procedure and they will fix what you see in the HP system so that it shows correct date.

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Whitler

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers. HP maintains no official presence here and we are not authorized to deal with warranty issues.  For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support directly.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

---------------------------------------
However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekends, so you might have to wait until Monday to contact them.
---------------------------------------

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@Whitler wrote:

Hi @Whitler

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Let me explain to you what happens.

Warranty period starts from the date of purchase and is 1 year full.

You see 01 December 2017 because your device was produced around 1st of December 2016 and automatically registrerd in the HP System as manufactured on 1st of December, therefore 1 year ahead up to 01 December 2017.

I would suggest you prepare your receipt, any documents you have with regards to purchase and contact HP Support.Please, ask the HP representative to file in a warranty dispute procedure and they will fix what you see in the HP system so that it shows correct date.

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.