Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp elitebook folio 9470m

Hi,
There have many OS in market. Every System have his own and suitable OS.  

I have try some of it but every time i have get some problem.  

My question is whish is best  and Built in Operating System for HP EliteBook Folio 9470m.  

Hope you will have the solution for this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the official HP quickspecs, the recommended operating systems would be W7 and W8.

See page 3.

https://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForNewegg/itemintelligence/HP/14317_na1400122572248.pdf

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@dkkundu00

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You don't give us any idea of what "best" means -- and that is entirely subjective.

However, if I were to define "best" I would mean the OS version that is (1) most compatible with your PC and (2)  provides full functionality for all the hardware included with it -- and that is the HP OEM Windows version that came preinstalled.

Only THAT version contains the drivers that were developed for your laptop.  Any retail OS version will install with generic drivers provided by Microsoft, and those don't provide full functionality.

The HP product page lists Win7, Win8, and Win8.1 as being OS versions that come preinstalled on that PC.  Those are the 
"best" OSs for it.

If you decide against that and force an Upgrade to Win10, you will regret that because HP does not make Win10 drivers for your laptop, leaving you stuck with the generic drivers that MS provides.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the official HP quickspecs, the recommended operating systems would be W7 and W8.

See page 3.

https://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForNewegg/itemintelligence/HP/14317_na1400122572248.pdf

HP Recommended

Thanks For the LINK

That is really Great..

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.