Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Is it normal to have the service Disabled rather than Manual. First Win 10 update for this new laptop.

Thanks

KenW
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ken1943

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to know is it good to disable the service manually. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

If you are talking about MSconfig services as shown below:

MSCONFIG: tab Services

It is always recommended to disable the one by one manually.

You can decide which one to disable manually.

Let me if that works.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ken1943

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to know is it good to disable the service manually. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

If you are talking about MSconfig services as shown below:

MSCONFIG: tab Services

It is always recommended to disable the one by one manually.

You can decide which one to disable manually.

Let me if that works.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you read my post again, I asked if this service is Normaly Disabled in HP notebooks. I put it to the recommended

Manual startup as I would never get any Windows Updates.

If you did the research I did, you could have answered my question.

KenW
HP Recommended

If you look in MSCofig you will see that its listed as a system start up but it doesn't run all the time. Doesn't need to, its programmed to automatically run. This is a proccess that does not need to run all the time. But it does need to be listed in MSConfig. If you have no troubles receiving updates then you have no issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.