Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! Recently I've been having a few issues:

1. When I turn my laptop on, the lock screen image twitches uncontrollably and sometimes doesn't respond or takes a while to do so.

2. When I type the password in, the cursor moves back sometimes and I usually have to restart my computer several times.

3. My computer doesn't notify me of a low battery despite the fact that all the settings for it, are turned on; it simply shuts off on me without warning.

If anyone would/could help me, I'd really appreciate it! My laptop is fairly new so I wouldn't want it messing up on me so early. Thank you! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Aly623

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having multiple issues with the computer.

Don’t worry, I’d love to help!

For the low battery notification issue follow below steps.

Just open your "control panel" and then "power option" then "change advance power settings" there select the profile you want to active (power saver, high performance etc.)

Then scroll down to "battery" expand it and find "low battery notification" and turn “on" for both "on battery" and "plugged in” and you will be done.

For the cursor jumping backward, I suspect you are accidentally touching something on the touchpad.  Usually, it is the base of the hand that touches the trackpad and causes this issue. I recommend you to be carefully when typing and make sure that your palm doesn’t rest on the trackpad.

For the lock screen issue, please elaborate more on the issue so that I may provide you an accurate solution.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.