Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion g6-1d16dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello! The laptop stopped working a few years ago, but I finally got it working again! I have windows 7 (32-bit) as my OS and that is working fine, but I need drivers. I need..

Ethernet Controller

Network Controller

PCI Device

SM Bus Controller

I looked them up on the HP website, but (32-bit) drivers for windows 7 aren't showing up. Is there another place where I can find the drivers I need to download? 

I also don't know how I would install them, I'm not great with computers... 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK:

Yep...

1. HP posted the wrong specs for your notebook.  Says it comes with an Intel Pentium processor.

2. HP put a different wireless card in your notebook than the one listed in the parts list.

Here are the drivers you need...

SMBus Controller.  I have zipped up and attached the smbus controller driver you need below.

To install the driver, download and unzip the file to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager, and click on the smbus controller device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

Wireless:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink Wireless LAN Controllers in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-61500/sp61151.exe

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

Ethernet Controller

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55040.exe

Network Controller

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188CE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55341.exe

PCI Device

This package contains the driver that enables the Realtek Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55038.exe

SM Bus Controller...NOTE: install this driver first, and restart the PC.

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver for supported notebook models and operating systems. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55095.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I downloaded them and installed them on the laptop! So the ethernet controller and the PCI Driver both installed, but the network controller and SM bus controller, but didn't work.

I installed both of them, but it's telling me that it didn't install succesfully. I tried re-installing it again, but it still didn't work. The SM bus controller won't install either, it gives me an error at the end saying that "my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirments for installing the software". 

Do you know anything else that could help?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Try the chipset (smbus) driver directly from Intel.

Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20018/INF-Update-Utility-Primarily-for-Intel-6-5-4-3-900-S...

See if this wireless card driver works.  The parts list for your notebook indicates that it has the Realtek 8188CE wireless adapter, so I am surprised the driver I gave you didn't work either, unless HP substituted a different wlan card for that one.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188CE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57001-57500/sp57049.exe

HP Recommended

Hello!

So they both didn't work. I downloaded and unzipped, but it still says that my computer does not meet the minimum requirments for installing the sofware. 

And I installed the other link you sent me, but when I go to the device manager it still says that I need a network controller. 

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID's for both the smbus and network controllers because something isn't right.

To find the hardware ID's, go to the device manager, click on the devices needing the drivers.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the device window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list, and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

Okay! So for the network controller it is... PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_1636103C&REV_00

And the SM Bus Controller is... PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_169B103C&REV_13

Thank you!

HP Recommended

OK:

Yep...

1. HP posted the wrong specs for your notebook.  Says it comes with an Intel Pentium processor.

2. HP put a different wireless card in your notebook than the one listed in the parts list.

Here are the drivers you need...

SMBus Controller.  I have zipped up and attached the smbus controller driver you need below.

To install the driver, download and unzip the file to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager, and click on the smbus controller device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

Wireless:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink Wireless LAN Controllers in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-61500/sp61151.exe

HP Recommended

Awesome! 

Thank you so much!

Is there anything else tha I need to do?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You should be all set if there are no devices remaining with ! marks next to them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.