Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

I recently purchase the HP 2000 2D22DX Notebook for my wife and she doesn't like windows 8 for a variety of reasons, so I installed windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. After the install, I noticed the following drivers were not installed:

Ethernet Controller

Network Controller

PCI Device

PCI Simple Communication Controller

SM Bus Controller

The HP download site doesn't offer the drivers listed for this model. Would anyone happen to know where I can locate the drivers for this notebook or could I use a comparable model to get the drivers?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use all of the W7 x64 drivers from this model on yours.

DO NOT USE ANY BIOS OR FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS FROM THIS LINK

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5275...

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

From the list of offered drivers should I download the chipset drivers or should I download the drivers to satisfy each device?

i,e - Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, PCT Device, PCT Simple Comminucation Controller, and the SM Bus Controller?

Thank you

HP Recommended
Sorry, I meant to say PCI not PCT.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

That solves it!!! Incredible support and I sincerely appreciate your help with locating the correct drivers and the time you spent organizing the information where it was very easy to follow.

Have a Happy New Year and again thank you for the great support.

Donald

HP Recommended

Anytime, Donald.

Happy New Year to you too!

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

hi, i also need these drivers but the links no longer work

HP Recommended

Hi, @joevv :

You can use all of the W7 drivers from the HP 2000t-2a00 notebook on your model, except the BIOS and firmware files.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-2000-Notebook-PC-series/5259212/model/5275371

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.