02-27-2014 12:55 PM
Windows Defender error message 0x800705b4.
I'm attempting to remove programs from my startup menu however I am not able to enable Windows Defender to accomplish this task. Please Help! I have followed the recommended steps, to no avail.
03-01-2014 10:13 AM
Let’s follow these steps which should fix the issue.
If you have any third party antivirus software and firewall disable them temporarily and make sure that the Windows Firewall is turned on. Then check if the issue reappears.
1. Open Run, and type in services.msc then press Enter.
2. In services window, locate Windows Defender service in the services list.
3. Verify that the Status is Started. If the Status column is blank,
right click on the service and select Start.
4 If you get error trying to force start the Windows Defender service, try to change the Startup Type toAutomatic, and then restart the computer.
Hope the information helps. Please post back and let us know.
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)