Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am currently having an issue with a number of HP EliteBook 8470p machines where the wireless won't enable again after the computer has been put to sleep.

LAN/WAN switching is enabled and I can still use the LAN card without any problems. The wireless drivers haven't been updated the only changes would have been some Windows updates.

Disabling and enabling the device in device manager doesn't make a difference.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Which version of BIOS is installed?

Had you considered updating the BIOS?

Have you installed the QFE and essential system updates provided by HP  applicable to the version of Windows that is installed? 

I woud have linked to available versions, but I am not aware of the installed OS the notebooks have installed. Check in the web support portal for the  HP Elitebook 8470p notebook to see what is available.

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Running Windows 7 Enterprise

Bios version: 68ICF Ver. F.06

I have just updated the wireless drivers as there was a later version, waiting to see if this also has the issue.

HP Recommended
I am having almost the same problem, except mine won't connect to any wifi because when i click connect to a network it says no connections are available and the wifi button does nothing
HP Recommended

I Got the same Problem...I Reinstall win 7 pro and everything, but it doesn´t work. I push the Wireless buttom but just activate the bluetooth nothing happen with the Wirelles..I Donwloded the driver from intel, but same thing...maybe i will call support because it is still under warranty. if you guy resolved, please letme know.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. Did someone find out a solution or a workaround?

HP Recommended

Which wifi adapter is installed?

I had great success by installing the driver version that are available at the Intel wireless driver download website. That will only help if your HP Elitebook happens to have an Intel Centrino wifi adapter installed.

You could also consider upgrading the wifi adapter to one of the following Intel adapters. They are great with the Intel drivers from the  Intel website. You can find the adapters for sale cheap on eBay.

Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6150

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have an Intel Dual Band Wirelss-N7260 card on an Elitebook 840 G1. 

The problem is that, after standby/hyberanate, the wifi card results as disabled from device manager and cannot be enabled back again. The only way to make it work is to reboot the entire system (which is pretty annoying).

I read that others have the same issue, but I couldn't find the solution yet. Someone suggested to enable  the option "allow the computer to turn off the wifi card to save energy" under the properties of the wifi card, but it didn't work for me.

Any suggestion? 

I really need to fix this...

HP Recommended

@Nenalmapal wrote:

I have an Intel Dual Band Wirelss-N7260 card on an Elitebook 840 G1. 

The problem is that, after standby/hyberanate, the wifi card results as disabled from device manager and cannot be enabled back again. The only way to make it work is to reboot the entire system (which is pretty annoying).

I read that others have the same issue, but I couldn't find the solution yet. Someone suggested to enable  the option "allow the computer to turn off the wifi card to save energy" under the properties of the wifi card, but it didn't work for me.

Any suggestion? 

I really need to fix this...

Have you installed the driver software for your wifi adapter that is at the Intel wifi download website?

Have you installed the current version off the BIOS for your notebook? It is at the following URL. The BIOS has gone through many versions. 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212910&swItemId=ob_144184_1&swEnvOid=405...

HP Recommended

I recently installed all the up to date drivers through the HP support Assistant...

I'm going to check the links from the Intel website as you suggest and let you know.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.