Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi! :generic:

First time posting ^_^

I have n HP Envy 17 and have just got it bac from the repair center. The problem I was having before was a lot of blue screen crashing (literally everytime I was on it for more than 10 minutes, it'd crash) and memory issues (Where I was supposed to have 1TB of memory, I only had 100GB. Crazy, right?). Anyhow, my notebook has been performing beautifully since I got it back ^_^

Just one problem, everytime I turn it on, I get a message that "Your system does not appear to have Intel Rapid Start Technology enabled." 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Intel Rapid Start icon should be in the system tray. Use the arrow to expand the list. Click on Intel Rapid Start and 'turn on'.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

Intel Rapid Start icon should be in the system tray. Use the arrow to expand the list. Click on Intel Rapid Start and 'turn on'.

Intel Rapid Start is not in my system tray. However, Intel Smart Connect technolgy is. Clicking on that opens a wizard where there is no option for Rapid Start. Searching through windows for the rapid start, I click on it, and am prompted to give administrative permission.

till, I get that "Your system does not appear to have Intel Rapid Start Technology enabled." Running as administrator leads me to the sae place. Is it safe to remove and try to install the program from intell?

HP Recommended

Have you checked in BIOS (F10 at power on) to see if Rapid Start is enabled?

HP Recommended

This **bleep**ing Message Always Pop-up Everytme I Start My computer.

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

01james20 thanks for the bump 🙂

But yes, I did check my BIOS (way back when you first asked, so sorry on my part! I think I just got frustrated and never replied) and it appears to be enabled. Now I just ignore the message. I mean, I use my computer almost everyday and the message has just become spam in my life.... I don't notice it anymore. It's still here and it just sits on my task bar because I don't even try to make it go away 😞

HP Recommended

CherylG any more suggestions? 

HP Recommended

Try installing latest Intel driver from your support page. 

Get your full Model number or Product number from the Service Tag attached to bottom of laptop (may be under battery)

Once you have the info, use the button at top of this page titled "Support", then click "Download drivers" from the menu. Enter your Product Number and you will be taken to correct page.

HP Recommended

Using a EliteBook 810 G1.  Just updated BIOS to version 63.  The Intel Rapid Start Technology Manager now gives this message upon every system start.

BIOS version 63 does not list Intel Rapid Start Technology under the configuration settings.  (I assume it was removed since the feature was causing problems in BIOS version 60 with resuming from Sleep mode.)

Manually starting the Intel Rapid Start Technology Manager gives the same message and aborts the manager.

About a minute after startup, Intel Rapid Start Technology application appears in the start tray.  Initially, its tooltip says "Intel RST sevice is not running", but that changes to "Intel Rapid Start Technology".  Opening it either before or after the tooltip changes, it reports that the system is functioning normally.  I see no option to enable or disable Intel Rapid Start Technology.  There are options to disable information, warnings, and errors, but doing so doesn't remove this error message upon system start.

According to the Task Manager, irstrtsv, the Intel Rapid Start Technology Service, is running.  None of the startup programs are obviously related to RST.

Is there a way to enable RST?  Should I disable the RST service and how?  More generally, how should I get rid of this startup message?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.