Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp zbook 17g3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

helo guys..

I need help, i cannot install window. After want instal have display like thishp.png

pls help me!!! 

Spoiler
:Crying:
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Based on the HP ZBook 17 G3 Mobile Workstation - Maintenance and Service Guide, this model use a 6th gen Intel chipset/CPU. Intel removed USB 2.0 support from the 6th generation chipset. Because of this, normal DVD and USB Windows 7 installs will not work on 6th generation Intel chipsets. You have to add the USB 3.0 drivers into the Windows 7 ISO using this Intel utility (must be run under Win 8.1 or Win 10); 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Wi​​​​​ndows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

After running this utility and directing it to your Windows 7 ISO, the resulting ISO/USB/DVD should be able to install Windows 7 on your computer.

You may also need to provide the below driver for Windows 7 to see the hard drive... Extract the files onto another usb flash drive without any folders;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/In​​​tel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Dri...

You may need to install the below driver to make the USB ports usable in Windows 7;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/US​​​B-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Cont...

You may need to DISABLE "Secure Boot" and ENABLE "Legacy Support" in the BIOS prior to installing Windows 7. There may be other BIOS settings that need to be changed and you may need to supply USB and/or AHCI driver before the installation will proceed.

Most, if not all, Windows 7 drivers can be found at HP ZBook 17 G3 Mobile Workstation - Windows 7 (64-bit) Downloads . Please post the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" (just the string of text will do) for those devices that are listed as missing or unknown devices as shown in the example below;

device manager.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.