08-19-2010 10:27 PM
How do I find out what background programs are running? My desktop is critically slow and i think somthing is running in the background. I have virus scanned it to death with no joy. I almost seems like it's looping. I'm running XP.
08-21-2010 02:38 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 11:50 AM by OscarFuentes
Here is the link to HP document that helps you not only to improve the system performance but also helps you with the information on how to find and stop programs running in the back ground:
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)