08-01-2013 12:54 PM
have problem updating bios. laptop is :
compaq presario cq57
product number qh753ea#abu
board id 3672
processor intel b950 2.1ghz
bios version f37
bios update started running while i was using laptop. after that it was never installed properly. it does update from 2 parts, writing bios, then veryfing bios. then get bios recovery fault (500). i have option to continue and boot into windows ok. as long as i use it it works fine, if goes to sleep or i turn it off, when turned on again it starts bios update. and all goes in circles. i need to have charger plugged in and some disk inside to get bios update running again, otherwise only black screen with caps lock flashing and f12 on. tried few times f2 and roll back bios, it does it sucessfully however again when turned on does bios update. in desperation deleted all hp programs i could find, not any good, stil the same. tried manuall and via hp site download of new f38 version, again install not good.
any ideas please?
08-02-2013 07:42 AM
08-02-2013 09:23 AM
i read this document and everything that says in it i have previously done. i can access windows but bios update start when laptop is turned on again. in this document says about hp_tools volume, which i have but doesnt say how to use if available.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)