Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did an update for Windows 10 on my Pavillion.  I now can't get into my computer.  I keep getting the HP logo with the circle that goes round and round then it goes to a blank screen then it goes back to the HP logo and circle thing.  I just keeps going back and forth.  I can get into the recovery screen and have tried all the option with no luck.  I do not have the recovery disk.  I have been trying with every help I can get.  Plz can anyone give me advice.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you’re stuck in a boot loop after Windows Update, the problem might be your BIOS. Since you were able to access BIOS, you may try to disable Secure Boot feature.

To do that, you just need to follow these steps:

1. Let your PC restart a couple of times during the boot sequence.
  2. Now choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings. Click the Restart button.
  3. Once your system restarts, you’ll boot directly to BIOS.
  4. Locate Secure Boot feature and disable it. In addition, you can also disable the TPM feature.

After making these changes in BIOS, you should be able to boot to your PC.

If it is not working, you can just try your luck with all these methods provided in the post below.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/windows-10-reboot-loop.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.