Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
chromebook 14
Chrome OS

ive used the recovery app to install recovery image  three different types and brands of recovery media which sucessfully created recovery image  removed and installed on my HP CHROMEBOOK 14 and has failed each time at the end of checking integrity process. upon using TAB button to find out recovery reason i am seeing                                                                                            RECOVERY REASON : 0X02  recovery button pressed.                                                                                                                                         I bought the chromebook from a friend awhile back and am certain the warranty is no longer valid. is there anyone who has successfully fixed this problem has has knowledge on how to fix it?       Thanks for reading!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Panda,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

Before beginning the Chrome recovery process, you need the following:

• A USB flash drive or SD memory card: You need 4 GB or greater capacity on your storage device to accommodate the recovery image. All data is erased from the device when creating the recovery media, so back up any files from the device before you begin.
  • A computer with Internet access: To create the recovery media, use a Windows, Mac, or Chrome OS computer on which you have administrative rights and Internet access.
  • Chromebook power supply: The Chromebook must be plugged into a power source during recovery.
  • Chrome OS is missing or damaged screen: If this message is not already displaying on your computer, trigger the screen manually:
    • On a Chromebook: With the computer turned on, hold down the Esc + F3 (Reload) keys, and press the power button. The device restarts and the screen show Chrome OS are missing or damaged.
    • On a Chromebox: Use a paperclip to press the Reset button on the back of the Chromebox. The device restarts and the screen show Chrome OS are missing or damaged.

Please click the link for further instructions: http://hp.care/2bE3R1I

Let me know if this helps.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.