Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-n221sa serial 5CD4071MGV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

but someone else had used his laptop and created his account he has a lot of things on it that we do not want and I cannot connect to the internet with the other person's account.  My grandson is the administrator and this other person had no business making an account on his laptop.  It keeps telling me to use the last password on the laptop which I have done but he has done something to the laptop where I cannot type on the keyword or connect to the internet for my grandson. I want to just delete the other person's account completely and hopefully the laptop will be back to normal

the other person has the keyboard where I cannot type in my grandson's password nothing happens just click click clik and the keyboard is set at ENG

UKX

and nothing will type.

was Windows 8 but upgraded to 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Wuggatt

Can't provide you any detailed advice without first knowing what you CAN do ...

My guess is that the other person established Parental Controls that would lock out your grandson's account and also prevent it from accessing the network.  To defeat that, you would need to be able to login to the PC and unhide the default Administrator account.

Once there, you could remove the other account, and remove any Parental Controls on your grandson's account.

But, to do this, you have to be able to login.

IF you can not do that, since we are not permitted to tell folks how to bypass login restrictions, your only recourse then would be to take the laptop to a repair facility -- and confirm that THEY can login and reset the accounts for you.

Any reputable place will know HOW to reset the passwords on all the accounts, and once they have done that, login to the PC to reset the accounts.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Wuggatt

Can't provide you any detailed advice without first knowing what you CAN do ...

My guess is that the other person established Parental Controls that would lock out your grandson's account and also prevent it from accessing the network.  To defeat that, you would need to be able to login to the PC and unhide the default Administrator account.

Once there, you could remove the other account, and remove any Parental Controls on your grandson's account.

But, to do this, you have to be able to login.

IF you can not do that, since we are not permitted to tell folks how to bypass login restrictions, your only recourse then would be to take the laptop to a repair facility -- and confirm that THEY can login and reset the accounts for you.

Any reputable place will know HOW to reset the passwords on all the accounts, and once they have done that, login to the PC to reset the accounts.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I sat up this morning until 5am and managed to delete the other account but the internet on it  is not right at the moment.  I need to download the Realtek high performance (HD) audio driver and kept trying to do that over and over again through the support but it went so far and then did not install.  Had to change his password a couple of times as the 0 is not working on the laptop as I got it back with the screen and surround off it.  NIghtmare to say the least but at least i have deleted the other fellow's account and most of the files he put on my grandson's account.  Need to get the driver sorted and the internet properly and will take it to the local computer shop to have the keyboard sorted tomorrow.   Thanks so much for your reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.