Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Tried many times to start. Same results. Imminent failure; hard disc 1 (301). What is going on? ??
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Code error "301" means that your hard drive is failing and need to replace it.   

“Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
I was afraid you might say that. 301 as I recall is part of the boot log system. .
HP Recommended

Yeah im affraid so its to do with that, hard drives are fairly cheap these days you can pick them up almost anywhere online or in the shop. 

Good luck hope you get it sorted. 🙂

“Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Just one thing have you even tried to reinstall windows as well? 

HP Recommended

Hello @Ronnzo

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for your post.

In order to test/troubleshoot your problem, please do the following:

Reset your BIOS settings to default

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F10 to open BIOS setup configuration. Follow the on-screen instructions to go to the last tab (example "Advanced" or "Exit" and choose to LOAD or RESET TO DEFAULT CONFIGURATION.

4. Hit the appropriate button to save the changes and exit the BIOS

Do you still encounter the HDD error ?

Please, perform some basic hardware checks

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform HDD and RAM check.

Let me know the test results.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.