07-02-2013 01:44 PM
I have the same issue, as the laptop boots up it shows the please waiting and then it goes to diagnosing pc for a minute then it goes to attempting repairs.... I let it run for but nothing happens.....
things i have tried
1. upon boot up pressing fn+f11 for recovery - result i choose my keyboard layout, screen goes black, then preparing automatic repair, then screen goes black again, then diagnosing pc and then attempting repairs which is where it gets stuck i believe
2. upon boot up pressing escape pressing fn + f9 for boot device menu so i can tell it to boot from cd-rom but only thing showing is os boot manager, eff hdd drive - st320lt020-9yg142 (which i'[m assuming is the hard drive) and boot from efi file
any assistance in helping format the drive would be much appreciated
07-02-2013 03:01 PM - last edited on 02-23-2017 08:17 PM by OscarFuentes
I see that you are trying to format your computer and it is not working. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.
For more detailed instructions please provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.
I would suggest changing the boot order in the BIOS. To access the BIOS you will need to tap the "ESC" key on start up. This should give you the start up menu. In the start up menu select the system configuration option. From there it should be a boot tab in the BIOS. The steps from there will differ depending on the model but you should see an option for boot order. If you are using discs then you should be able to make the DVD-ROM drive first.
Let me know if you have other questions.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)