Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Mini 1000
My notebook is asking me to "Enter Current Password:" . I cannot get to any other screens nor can I get to windows. What do I need to enter?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In that case try >> e9lo1o1h0n

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended
I forgot to provide you with the s/n: CNU9090GZ8
HP Recommended

Try entering >> e9lo1o1h0u All characters are lowercase letters except 9, 1,1, and 0.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
I bet it would work if I had provided you with the correct s/n!!! I'm sorry ! My eyes are going bad I guess!! The correct number is CNU9090GZS.
HP Recommended

In that case try >> e9lo1o1h0n

HP Recommended
Thank you! It brought me to the Bios setup utility!
HP Recommended
One more question, what am I supposed to do now that I'm in the bios setup utility? I'm scared to change anything!
HP Recommended

Are you not able to load into Windows. Tap f8 as soon as you power on laptop and try to enter into Windows safe mode.

Which is the operating system installed?
Eg.: Windows 8 64bits

If you're not able to go to safe mode, do you have recovery media?

Test your hard drive - quick and extensive tests from System Diagnostics by tapping f2 key as soon as you power on laptop. Let the tests finish.

If hard drive tests passes,
Back up any important data you need to an external drive first before going in for factory reset as factory reset deletes everything and reinstall Windows from scratch.

Enter into System Recovery console by tapping f11 as soon as you power on laptop and do factory reset.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
I tried entering through safe mode and it went nowhere. We had windows XP home edition installed. F2 didn't do anything, neither did f8. I'm stuck!
HP Recommended

From BIOS setup utility, perform a Hard Drive Self Test:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00439024
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.