Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello,

I am an IT student helping a friend with his computer to run some software for his t-shirt printing business. He needs windows 7 in order to run this software so we decided to install win 7 on his hp Notebook - 15-r132wm. I have it setup to dual boot between the two operating systems and everything seems to be running smoothly after the updates but i cant get a flash drive to load. I realize, after researching, that this has to do with the USB serial controller not updating the driver automatically but i have not been able to find the driver i need to make the usb appear upon insertion. 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

You don't realize how much that response has helped me. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Any tips on how I would have been able to identify and locate that driver faster? i feel like I tried very hard.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is a very hard model to find W7 drivers for.

There is no way anyone can find them unless they know where to look.

Do you need the graphics driver?

You do if you see a Standard VGA Adapter listed under the Display Adapters device manager category.

If you see the SVGA Adapter, device, this graphics driver should work...the first file listed is the exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24826/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit

HP Recommended

i definitely needed that as well thanks again. I figured this had to have been a little harder than what i am used to as I'm usually able to figure things out. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

That model does not have a mainstream processor and chipset such as a 3rd or 4th generation core processor, so the graphics, and usb are unique to a couple of places to get them.

Are there any other drivers or software you need?

I would imagine you can get the rest from the 15-r132wm support page, but if there is another odd-ball one you can't find, please let me know what device you need it for.

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-r100-notebook-pc-series/7234951/model/7605...

HP Recommended

Capture.JPG

do i need any of these immediately?

HP Recommended

Well, the PC isn't going to blow up or anything without those drivers, but here are the ones you need.   :generic:

First install the smbus controller driver and reboot.  The second driver is the auto install file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-

Ethernet is the wired network...

File name: sp69612.exe

The PCI E/D Controller is another odd-ball driver only found on that chipset.

File name: sp69602.exe

HP Recommended

if you are still around.  i need the wifi drivers   i would really appreciate it.

HP Recommended

Hi, @rubbamade

Here is the link to the wifi driver you need for your notebook...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp75613.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.