Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP PAVILION NOTE BOOK CANNOT BE DOWNGRADED, MY USB BIOS RECOVERY  IS BOOTING ONLY ON CURRENT VERSION 48, BUT ITS NOT BOOTING ON PREVIOUS VERSION F45. 

VERY DIFFICULT TO DOWNGRADE THE BIOS, I TRY EVERYTHING UEFI & LEGACY, GPT & MBR. 

MY BATTERY CANNOT BE FULL CHARGED SINCE I UPGRADE THE BIOS VERSION.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Lebron_Grande21

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that battery won't charge 100% after recent bios update, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you created the USB recovery drive?
  • Have you tried a system restore?

The computer BIOS might become corrupted from a failed BIOS upgrade or damaged, 

Let's try to recover the last working BIOS version: 

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key  and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically. Follow any on-screen prompts to continue the startup to complete the recovery.

HP BIOS Update recovery in progress

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next step to install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website.

• If the Power light turns off, the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the button for only 2 to 3 seconds.

• If a BIOS recovery message repeatedly displays, continue to the next step to install an updated BIOS version.

• If a message that the computer improperly shut down or a boot problem is detected displays, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error.

• If Windows starts, update to the latest BIOS version. Go to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP PAVILION CANNOT BE DOWNGRADED & CANNOT FULLY CHARGE TO 100%

HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

BELOW PHOTO HP SOLUTIONS DOESN'T WORK

hp solutions.JPG

USB RECOVERY FLASH DRIVE ONLY WORKING & BOOTING IF I FLASH IT WITH F48

BUT IF I FLASH IT WITH THE PREVIOUS VERSION F45, SHOWING THAT THERES IS NO USB RECOVERY FLASH DRIVE CONNECTED ON YOUR DIVICE. 

HP Recommended

@Lebron_Grande21

Than you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, Hence, I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

• HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
  • Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

disgusting updates, as per description for security purpose but its not, hp updates providing virus updates, then you will be for force to go in shop and pay. 

HP Recommended

I tried everything & i enter the serial number in the link as you mentioned above, but it doesnt work, Please HP Company im begging you do not provide any bios upgrade/update if not necessary & will destroy our laptop system, make businees in good way not to fool one another. & will be forcely to go in your shop regarding on the issue & you will earn money for your secret solutions.

Dears,

Please be very carefull of updating your bios version, even the hp will send you a bulk of notification.

HP Recommended

@Lebron_Grande21
Thank you for posting back.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Note: Before updating the bios please read the description 

Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

YES I READ THE DESCRIPTION COMPLETELY, PROPERLY,  & EVEN YOU REVIEW IT THERE WAS NO ANY MENTIONED, THAT IT WILL DESTROY YOUR BATTERY PERFORMANCE & WILL NOT BE FULLY CHARGE TO 100%, THE BIOS UPGRADE MAIN DESCRIPTION WAS FOR SECURITY PURPOSES.

NEXT TIME PLEASE INCLUDE IN THE DESCRIPTION THAT IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR BIOS VERSION, IT WILL DESTROY YOUR BATTERY PERFORMANCE & WILL NOT BE FULLY CHARGE ANYMORE. 

PLEASE PROVIDE NEW BIOS UPGRADE FOR HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK, THAT WILL MAKE MY LAPTOP FULLY CHARGE.

HP Recommended

HP STRATEGY, 

BEFORE MY LAPTOP PAVILION NOTEBOOK WAS IN A VERY GOOD CONDITION, THEN IM RECEIVING LOTS OF NOTIFICATION FROM HP TO UPGRADE MY BIOS FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, AFTER UPGRADING MY BIOS., IT CAUSE THE  BATTERY  NOT CHARGING TO 100%. THEN WHEN I CHECK IN THE AUTOMATIC HP  SUPPORT ASSISTANT BATTERY CHECKING, THEY ARE OFFERING ME TO BY NEW BATTERY IN THERE GIVEN STORES, THROUGH ONLINE & ADVISING WHERE TO BY NEW BATTERY, VERY BAD BUSINESS STRATEGY OF HP VERY DISAPPOINTED. 

HP Recommended

@Lebron_Grande21
Thank you for posting back.

I understand the difficulty with the problem. ​​​​​​As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. In order to resolve the issue, we have to elevate the case to the next level, I will share you few details through a private message. And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.