Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer was working perfect with win 8
Since about a year the notebook updated to windows 10 and since than is different problems.
1.I can not update any driver
2.When shutting down the computer does not shut down,i tried solving this issue,and after browsing hp forum,i managed to solve the issue for 1-2 days but than it is again the same problem.
3.when the computer is not used for 10 minutes it goes in stand-by and does not wake up anymore,all the work is lost,i have to force shut down the pc
Please advise what to do

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@melindahp

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but not all the older PCs did well with the Win10 Upgrade.  I upgraded three PCs and had to return two of them to Win7 due to ever-increasing problems in Win10.

If you follow these instructions for finding the detailed product number of your PC, I can check to see if there are HP Win10 drivers for it:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Without those drivers, your PC is going to continue to peform poorly and the problems are only going to get worse.

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick reply

When i bought the computer it had win 8 on it but than automcatically updated,i have inserted a screenshot of the systems details,i hope this will give the necessary information.Thank you for your help.I would like to mention that i tried activating/unactivating the fast startup,as this was suggested a solution on the hp forum,it works just one time,and than the computer won't switch off next time

Screenshot 2017-03-24 17.49.28.pngScreenshot 2017-03-24 17.49.28.png

HP Recommended

I apologies for the late reply

I have just seen that my initial post was deleted,is it any other way i can send you my computers details,as it seems to be deleted from here

I will try again

Product name:HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
BIOS (Configuration):F.43-08/03/2016 (0975100000405F10000620180)
Keyboard revision:77.35
Total memory:4.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz

i bought the pc with original win 8 and than updated by itselfs it is a x64 version

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.