Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PROBOOK
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello Support Forum,

I have a problem with my security set up. I installed  HP Client Security Manager (sp65637.exe, 8.3.3.1786 ) under Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit to enable the fingerprint sensor and use the self-enryption feature of my new ProBook. After the software installation was complete I rebooted my notebook

The screenshots below illustrate the problem I am experiencing.

First I see this screen

image1.JPG

This one is the second screen

image2.JPG

Please note that I’m entering the correct password.

This is the third screenshot

image2.JPG

And after that blank screen appears with a cursor blinking at the top left corner as illustrated in this last screenshot

image4.JPG 

And now I’m not able to login to my system. Do you have any other ideas what might be causing this issue and how to fix it?

Thank you,

Ali Imran

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Usayd

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Your detailed problem description is very much appreciated.

I am sorry for the issues you experience. This is not about you entering incorrect password. The screen you see is known as preboot authentication screen.

There are 2 possible reasons:

- It is either something went wrong when setting this up (with the encryption)

or

- Encryption is fine but then Windows got corrupted and now it cannot start.

Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done due to the encryption layer you have now.

It is either the encryption that went wrong or the Windows is not booting.

You will need to reimage your PC (reinstall Windows) or perform HP Recovery (load from the recovery partition to reinstall Windows).

How to perform HP Recovery using the built-in recovery manager > http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&as=true&section=ccweb&SFS=tdoc&language...

After performing HP Recovery (or Windows reinstallation), if you want to use the fingerprint reader software, use it without enabling the encryption. Instead, you can run/enable BitLocker (intergrated in Windows). Here is how >> https://www.howtogeek.com/192894/how-to-set-up-bitlocker-encryption-on-windows/

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.