Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D120AV)

we have a HP laptop computer with 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 

8 gb

Product # 00342-21933-18182-AAOEM

64-BIT Operating system, X64-based processor

I have an opportunity to work from home and was told that my computer needs windows 10 or 11 and the processor needs to be i7-5000. 

Is this possible or do I need to purchase another computer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Notebook processors are integral parts of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

There is no such thing as an Intel i7-5000 processor, so I suggest you find out exactly what the requirements are.

There is an i7-5000 processor family and your notebook's processor far exceeds that specification.

5th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processors

HP Recommended

Good afternoon Paul and thank you for your reply. Hope you had a great Christmas with your family. Please see below the response I received from the potential behavior. Should I consider getting a 2nd computer to meet what the company wants? If so what should I look for? Or is what they are looking for just not available any more? 

Necessary equipment list for remote work.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

I did have a great Christmas, and I hope that you and your family did as well. 

Based on the response you shared, your PC exceeds the requirements they want.

To put it in their terminology, your notebook has an Intel Core i7-11000 processor series. 

Just make sure that a notebook PC is fine to use and that they aren't requiring you to have a desktop PC and monitor. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.