Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

my laptop only runs on plug and lagging while on battery .

1) i  set my pc to maximum power but useless , i tried all the possible tricks that is available on google  to solve the problem but  it is west of time, i read soo  many problem same as me and tried that solution from hp also.

2) i replace my battery on 30/04/2024 , i am facing these issue after replacing my battery( by the way battery is compatible with my device and original from hp).

what should i do????

please give some response here i am unable to open 1 chrome tab without plugin

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @s_one1906,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing some frustrating issues with your HP laptop. Since you've already tried various troubleshooting steps, including adjusting power settings and replacing the battery, and the problem persists, it might be indicative of a deeper hardware or software issue.

Here are a few additional steps you could try.

• Update Drivers: Ensure that all your drivers, especially those related to power management and battery, are up to date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with new hardware like a replacement battery.
  • BIOS Update: Check if there's a BIOS update available for your laptop model on the HP website. Sometimes BIOS updates include fixes for power management issues.
  • Check for Background Processes: Sometimes, background processes or applications can consume a lot of system resources, causing performance issues. Use Task Manager to check for any resource-intensive processes and close unnecessary ones.
  • Run Diagnostics: Many laptops come with built-in diagnostic tools that can help identify hardware issues. HP laptops often have HP Support Assistant or similar software that includes diagnostic tools. Running these diagnostics might help pinpoint the problem.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.