Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion au023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i was stuck on the lock screen after setting power saver mode for both the system and screen, as well as turning on the screensaver.

The screensaver did not have login enabled. i had to restart to login. What might cause this?

recently, i did not have "turn off screen" enabled, but i had wanted to protect the screen. Also, screen saver was never on. But i changed "turn screen off" to 1 hour, while sleep mode was still 3 hours. screen saver is less time.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums!
I hope you're well @JoshuaCaleb,

I understand you are having issues with the system as it freezes on the lock screen after sleep mode and here's what I recommend:

Ensure you have checked whether Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled for mouse and keyboard under device manager > keyboard / mouse properties > power management.

If that doesn't do the trick, please disable the hybrid sleep by following the steps below.

Step one, open up the power options setting from the control panel and select the "Change plan settings" link below the selected power plan.

Once in the resulting dialog, choose "Change advanced power settings".  Now you need to scroll through the miles and miles of options to find the "Sleep" mode. 

Expand this, and then the "Allow hybrid sleep" node below it.  You should see two options, "On battery" and "Plugged in".  Set both of these to "Off".

Once this is done, click "OK" and you should be all set! 

From now on, whenever your laptop would normally go into "Sleep" - usually when the lid is closed or when inactive for a certain time - it will enter full sleep mode, rather than hybrid sleep.  And when you go to awaken it from its slumbers, it should be fully responsive within a second or two of reactivation.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers! Good Luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.