Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp notebook 15-ay049ne
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

please help me, i just recently buy a laptop hp notebook 15-ay049ne product number Y5J46EA#ABV.it was windows 10 home and i format or downgrade to a windows 7 pro.ive downloaded here all its drives but usb is not included in its list.ive downloaded another type of usb drivers and still didnt work.please help me.i really need its usb driver

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@rayvenzir

Are you saying you downgraded to Windows 7 but cannot get the USB 3 ports to work?

If so, you need this driver...

HP Software and Driver Downloads 72661 

You must also fully update Windows 7 to make it work.

Then restart the computer and test it.

HP Recommended

sir ill try again and run it.but as mentioned type of laptop is 15-ac049ne but my laptop is HP-ay049ne.??

HP Recommended

sir as u send link of its driver.it is compatible with my hp laptop 15-ay049ne? i see another type 15-ac049ne?thus it may encounter errors?

HP Recommended

its the same driver. The only difference in your model numbers are the 2 letters at the end that denotes which country they are sold in.

HP Recommended

Make sure Windows is fully updated first.

Go to Windows updates and run it manually and keep doing so until windows does not find anymore updates.

HP Recommended

Hi, @rayvenzir :

If the above driver doesn't work (but it should), use the latest one directly from Intel.

Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.