08-16-2012 12:26 PM - last edited on 03-30-2017 12:07 PM by kevin-t
Hp Inrel Premium with Windows 7. The product key is [edited]. It says Boot Device Not Found and Please install and operating system on your Hard Disk. Hard Disk (3F0) F2 System Diagnostics. What does this mean? How do I fix it? Please Help?
08-16-2012 12:34 PM
The failure 3F0 means your Hard Drive has Failed & needs to be replaced. If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced.
Please do a HDD self test first:
1. Restart the computer.
2. Keep tapping the F10 key when the HP logo appears. This will take you to Bios Setup Utility.
3. Select the Diagnostic tab.
4. Select the "hard drive self test" option and press enter to perform the test.
Note: This test takes arond 40 minutes or more.
Pass - The hard drive is not damaged.
Fail - the hard drive is damaged and may need to be replaced.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
01-07-2014 11:11 PM
Please check whether the legacy support is disbled to do that Press F10 and go to BIOS under the system configuration select boot options legacy support option is there
Click thumbs up if this post helped you
If this post Solved your problem mark it as the Solution
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)