Question

Tutor
Carmi
Message 1 of 3 (7,190 Views)

0x4001100200001005 + hard drive failure #1-07 fail

Hi there,

My laptop has stopped working suddenly.  I would get to the loading screen of the OS (Windows Vista) which would load forever but never bring me to the main screen to log in my computer. Coincidentally this happened right after a Windows Update. So I decide to back up my computer (with the help of my recovery cd) on my external hdd. Now as I wanna format my computer and bring it back to the original settings, I get the mistake 0x4001100200001005 at 2%. I look it up online, tells me either my recovery cd is scratched or my hardware is not functioning properly. I decide to get my recovery cd restored at a local place so that whatever little scratches (that weren't deep) were on the cd are gone. I try iit again several times and get the same error message. Quite upset, I do a hard drive self test from the BIOS and get #1-07 Fai. I look it up online and basically it could be anything but most likely a fresh OS install should fixed this. 

Now my system doesn't want to recover to factory settings because of error message 0x4001100200001005. My recovery cds are in good condition. I do not know what to do. Usually I figure these things on my own but now I'm pretty lost. I am no longer under warranty. 

I have a HP Pavilion dv2000 with Vista on it. Bought it in May 2008. I need help asap.

Thank you in advance.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 3 (7,169 Views)

Re: 0x4001100200001005 + hard drive failure #1-07 fail

Hi,

It looks then You must change Your Hdd.

You may try to repair it with software made by vendor of Your Hdd but this will be solution only for a while. Sonner or later it will fail.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Student
albertobrito
Message 3 of 3 (5,395 Views)

Re: 0x4001100200001005 + hard drive failure #1-07 fail

I doubt that it is the HD, I just purchased a new HD and as I try tio recover from my recovery disks, I still get the same error message.  I get mine at 15% progress.  I think this is some sort of scam to get you to purchase the disks from HP.  This is horrible service, if they know what the issue is and they should as they built the **bleep** computer, then why charge us for the solution to their problem. I am very dissapointed in HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation