ATI Catalyst Install Manager and catalyst Control Center Help (116337 Views)
Top Student
Tonyo906
Message 1 of 37 (116,337 Views)
Accepted Solution

ATI Catalyst Install Manager and catalyst Control Center Help

I just ran the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor report and it said that I should uninstall the ATI Catalyst Install Manager and Catalyst Control Center then reinstall after upgrade.. Could someone direct me where I might t find these programs on my hard drive so I can copy and have to reinstall? Thanks
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 37 (116,404 Views)

Re: ATI Catalyst Install Manager and catalyst Control Center Help

Hi,

1. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper part of this page.)

2. Choose option: Download drivers and software (and firmware)

3. In form:

Enter a product name / number

For product

provide Your p/n number. (How to find correct p/n informations here.)

4. Click on Go and choose Your correct system.

There should be drivers for Your graphic card.

If there will be any problems post Your p/n in this thread.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Student
DCooper
Message 3 of 37 (116,230 Views)

I ran into the same problem, and proceeded to, as suggested, download the newer ATI driver for my machine (dv7-1243cl).  

Unfortunately, when I ran the install for the driver, it began OK - it unbundled files.  Then, nothing happened - no progress bar, no info message, and the install failed to install completely.  There were new entries in the Window Start menu (tinted entries indicating new programs), but the programs could not be accessed.

Not only did it not install completely, but it actually broke the USB ports on the machine.  I had to revert to a prior sync point in order to repair the machine.

I don't dare continue with the Windows 7 install, given that the officially supported driver fails to install (perhaps it would install AFTER Windows 7 install, but its help page indicates that it is applicable to Vista as well as Win7).

How do you debug a driver install such as the ATI Catalyst and Radeon 3200 driver package? 

Are there any dependencies for the ATI package such as .NET versions, C++ DLLs - I noticed that the unbundled package contained .DLLs distributed as part of MS Visual Studio 2005.  Significantly, this machine already has MS Visual Studio 2008 - is it possible that the install has forward compatibility problems with these components?

Is it possible just to remove the ATI CCC without removing the more critical underlying drivers? 

Thanks. 

Top Student
ErdnussMan
Message 4 of 37 (116,144 Views)

I had the same problem with catalyst and the usb ports.  Intead of getting the drivers from HP. I got them from ATI.  Hit this link and then download full software suite. 

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/integrated_vista64.aspx?type=2.7&product=2.7.4.3...=

Tutor
rdrussell
Message 5 of 37 (115,237 Views)

I too had problems with the ATI Catalyst Control Center and the Install Manager.  I went into task manager and ended the process for the CCC and the install started ok. I will update the drivers after the install.
Grad Student
ArtAppreciator
Message 6 of 37 (115,216 Views)

Would it be possible for you all to provide some additional information on your systems/scenario?

- Current Bios version (Press F10 during boot to get to bios)

- Win7 Clean install or Upgrade

- Model information for your product

- Information on the driver used from hp that exhibit the issue (SPxxxxxx.exe)

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Tutor
rdrussell
Message 7 of 37 (115,192 Views)

Bios was ID:  30FC Ver. F.22. I was upgrading.  Model Info:  dv7-1135nr.  It was not an HP SoftPaq issue (SPxxxxx) The Windows Upgrade Advisior would not let me install with the old version of CCC running.  I turned off the CCC in the task manager, performed the upgrade to win7 Home Premium, then downloaded the AMD SP from HP update site.  Everything seems to be working ok.
Honor Student
GlassJoe
Message 8 of 37 (114,185 Views)

Thanks for the info rdrussell, I have the same model (dv7-1135nr). Would you post a link to the download from HP that you used? Much appreciated!

Tutor
rdrussell
Message 9 of 37 (114,093 Views)

The link to hp web site with ATI driver download is:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-75613-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

hope this helps.

Honor Student
GlassJoe
Message 10 of 37 (114,029 Views)

Absolutely helped. Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation