Question

Student
GiriS
Message 1 of 3 (103 Views)

Activation of windows 7 Operating system

I purchased genuine windows 7 from HP service centre on 3rd October 2011...now my system shows 22days left for activation, -- when i try to activate it , the message comes invalid keys....does it mean the service centre gave me pirated windows 7?

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 3 (76 Views)

Re: Activation of windows 7 Operating system

Hello GiriS.  I understand you're having trouble activating your copy of Windows 7.

You should contact Microsoft about this issue.  They should be able to activate the installation for you over the phone.  This article should be very helpful.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Associate Dean
REO51ST
Message 3 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: Activation of windows 7 Operating system

Welcome Giris.

I am a Microsoft Refurbisher and Windows 7 has a 30 day activation period after install.

If you used a restore disc you are not asked for key or activation.

I do not think HP gave you a PIRATED copy.

REO 

We at the HP forum try to make your HP experience the best.

****Click the Thumbs up to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

HP Expert Tester "Now testing HP Pavilion 15t i3-4030U Win8.1, 6GB RAM and 750GB HDD"
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Registered Microsoft Partner
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Certification in progress.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation