03-24-2013 10:43 PM
I purchased genuine windows 7 from HP service centre on 3rd October 2011...now my system shows 22days left for activation, -- when i try to activate it , the message comes invalid keys....does it mean the service centre gave me pirated windows 7?
03-26-2013 02:21 PM
Hello GiriS. I understand you're having trouble activating your copy of Windows 7.
You should contact Microsoft about this issue. They should be able to activate the installation for you over the phone. This article should be very helpful.
Have a great day.
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
03-26-2013 03:31 PM
I am a Microsoft Refurbisher and Windows 7 has a 30 day activation period after install.
If you used a restore disc you are not asked for key or activation.
I do not think HP gave you a PIRATED copy.
Loaner Program”HP Split 13 x2 13r010dx i3-4012Y Win8.1, 4GB RAM and 500GB Hybrid HDD”
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Registered Microsoft Partner
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Certification in progress.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)