Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Elitebook 8440p Notebook PC with Windows 7, 64 bit. I had to reinstall Windows 7 and all the necessary drivers. My remaining issue is the Missing Base System Driver. The message I get from Device Manager is:

PC1 bus 68, device 6, function 2. The driver for this device are not installed (Code 28).

The Hardware Ids from the Details tab are:

Pc1\ven_1180&dev_0843&subsys172a103c&REV14

Pc1\ven_1180&dev_0843&SUBSYS_172a103C

Pc1\ven_1180&dev_0843&CC_088000

Pc1\ven_1180&dev_0843&CC_0880

Please excuse the inconsistent use of uppercase, but yes, all uppercase.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this issue!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I re-installed the two Chipset drivers but I also installed the RICOH Media Driver from the HP driver download site. My issue is now resolved but I think it was the latter driver that did the trick as I was finding others relating their Base System driver issue with SD Card drivers. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts.oid=4095876

for Intel Chipset Installation Utility' and ' Intel Management Engine Components Driver'.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I re-installed the two Chipset drivers but I also installed the RICOH Media Driver from the HP driver download site. My issue is now resolved but I think it was the latter driver that did the trick as I was finding others relating their Base System driver issue with SD Card drivers. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks the  RICOH Media Driver sorted out my Base System Device driver missing

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.