02-07-2013 11:13 AM - edited 02-07-2013 11:15 AM
Since I upgraded to Windows 8, I noticed that my quicklaunch buttons for my computer's brightness is not working. It comes up on my screen that I have pressed it but it is stuck at the brightest setting no matter what power setting I turn it to. I can't even do it manually.
All my other quicklaunch buttons are working just fine.
I checked my drivers and there is no update for it on Windows 8. I have updated all my drivers to the ones compatable for Windows 8 that is avalible for my computer. I'm stumped.
Anyone got any ideas?
This question was solved. View Solution.
02-11-2013 01:53 PM - edited 02-25-2013 04:53 PM
It looks like there are a few Windows 8 drivers for your unit based on this.
Was this the Windows 8 AMD driver located here?
You could try the steps in the linked blog in this post.
Notebooks are a little different in that the brightness is dependent on various functions with the video card driver being one of them.
Have the BIOS been updated from here?
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)