robertashcroft6
Message 1 of 1 (323 Views)

Envy dv6-7215TX random action cursor problems

OS Windows 8.1 64 bit

Machine Envy dv6-7215TX

Graphics Intel 4000, Nvida GeForce 630M

Purchased 11 november 2013

Problem

Cursor randomly activates all over the screen.

Effects random activation of software, installed applications activated, randomly saved documents, activation of control pannel items resulting in unstallation of software, and at one extreme factory rest to windows 8.0 and automatic upgrade to windows 81.

When BIOS is activated this random activation is even more extreme to the point that nothing can be set or saved.  eventually the system exits bios and reboots with random settings of bios resultant.

Replacing drivers, automated upgrades or anything similar does not resolve the issues

This machine is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE  FOR WHICH IT WAS SOLD TO ME.

Given the post relating to this issue under Video Memory Test: Software Error and other complaints about random cursor movements and similar that date back into early 2012 I am stunned that this problem continues to exist.

All solutions that have been posted to reslove video errors, cursor jumps have been applied and still the machine IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS SOLD TO ME.

If you guys really want me to ALPHA TEST defective hardware then I will send in a bill for the time I have so far wasted in trying to get this machine into a stable functioning state and for me it is now 8 hours of serious attempts to install supposed upgrades that have not changed in over 1 year and do not work.

I charge $170 per hour and I will include the cost of replacing this machine with something that works along with the Software cost of reactivating registered software.

The bill is fast approaching $AUD 4,000 in my personal expenses.

I have moved from a happy customer of HP products to one who will be complaining to and demanding compensation from HP via the Australian Consumer Protection agency that requires vendors to provide product to be FIT FOR PURPOSE and BE OF MERCANTIABLE QUALITY FOR SALE.

Regards

One really upset customer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation