Question

Student
chtjfi
Message 1 of 19 (109,124 Views)

Full Factory Reset HP Mini 210

Hi.

I bought an HP Mini 210 yesterday.  I turned it on and walked through the first-time setup and now the machine runs fine.  No problems at all, except for the fact that I chose German as the language.  Bad choice.  I only took one year of Geman in college. 

So, I thought I could maybe just change the language in Control Panel.  But, alas, the Windows 7 (Starter) on this machine doesn't allow adding a second language. 

So, I am wondering, can I just click somewhere and send the WHOLE laptop (hard drives and all) back to the state it was in I first took it out of the box?  A sort of full factory reset?  And then walk through the first time setup again, choosing English as the language?

Hoping,

John

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 19 (109,110 Views)

Re: Full Factory Reset HP Mini 210

Yup, you can...To do that, you will need to tap the ESC Key as soon as you power on the unit...that will take you to Startup Menu. Now In there Press the F11 Key...to launch System Recovery...Follow the on-screen instruction from there...That will take you to back to Out-of-Box State..

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Student
Marleny
Message 3 of 19 (103,884 Views)

Hey i just finished getting a  hp mini 210-1044NR from aarons and finish making payments. i turned my laptop off the wrong way not so long ago and now it's shutting off and then turns off and repeats the process is there any way i can reboot it or something, or something that can help me with this problem?

Honor Student
japcute21
Message 4 of 19 (103,073 Views)

I just want to ask if there is other option to restore your notebook since F11 is already not working for my system. I had a virus (malware) and I used the Roxio backtrack by pressing F6 and it did work. When I opened my notebook again, there was an error saying that my System Restore and Roxio backtrack are running at the same time. You need to disable one of them for them to run properly. I clicked yes to avoid conflicts. I shutdown my PC and when I opened it again, I already cannot boot my OS (XP). I tried to use the F6 button again for the Roxio and it only gave me a black screen with a cursor. I also tried to use F11 and still the same result. Is there any other way I can fix this? I will appreciate your help. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Student
Jazmyn
Message 5 of 19 (100,597 Views)

reboot my laptop?

alright, my laptop got turned off and now when i turn it back on it says:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

but when i go to do anything it just keep repeating this phrase. please tell me what i do! this is my college laptop.. ):

-jazzy

Honor Student
rick254
Message 6 of 19 (96,843 Views)

I need help. I would like some help with my HP mini 1000 i bought it from a co-worker they had VZAcces manager for dial up internet with a sim card it has been removed. It will not let me get online at all either wi-fi or ethernet cable connected it will show full signal and that it is connected but everytime i try and get online it attempts and it simply says internet explorer cannot display webpage. I'm hoping if i do a full system restore maybe it will help me get on since i don't have any of my info stored to it i figure i can delete everything and start fresh but i don't know how to do a full system restore? can someone help?

Student
tillourdeaths6
Message 7 of 19 (94,777 Views)

Hi, I've tried using the ESC button and the f11 straight away once the computer booted up. For me, it didnt help. When i turn my computer, it opens to a screen that asks if i want to start windows normally and anything i click on, just takes me back to the same thing and i start the whole process over again. Is there anything i can do to fix my computer? Or reset it?

Honor Student
YAMAIIA
Message 8 of 19 (86,123 Views)

Just do a system restore to a date before this happenned.

Student
iavoss
Message 9 of 19 (84,263 Views)

I need to reset a new password on HP mini 110-3104a.  I forgot the old password (or HP does not accept the one I remember).  Can someone help me reset a new password.

Honor Student
opeph18
Message 10 of 19 (84,177 Views)

please help, my hp mini 110 alaways display windows boot manager. how can i exit? the f11 and f8 did not working. i am about to reset, but then i can exit. always displays 0xc000000f status. pls. help! thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation