Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I would like to know the steps to take when i want to recover my hp 550 laptop from a recovery partition.
14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

hi,

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

Regards,

EverWin

~"If my solution has helped you in any way, please click on the white start to give Kudos."~

~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~
HP Recommended

I would like to know the  steps to take when i want to recover my hp 550 laptop from recovery partition.

I have not made the recovery disc and installed windows 7 on it. Iwant to set up the laptop back to its origanal stages.

The recovery partition is still on the hard drive.

Thank You

HP Recommended

Try marking the Recovery partition as Active...if it is available as option, sometimes is ,sometimes not.

1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.
2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.
3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.
4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."
5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager (without pressing F11).

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you f11 didn't work for me but this seems to be so far

HP Recommended

worked great Thank you so much

HP Recommended

Hi,

You would have to follow certain steps so as to boot an HP Laptop from recovery partition.

First you would have to start your HP Laptop and press the 'F11' key so as to launch the HP recovery manger from the recovery partition.

Then you would have to backup your files and folders to any external devices and then select the system recovery option.

Then after your system reboots make use of the HP update manger so as to restore all critical updates. Use the HP recovery manager and select the advanced option so as to create a set of recovery disk which could be used when HP cannot access the hard drive.

http://supportforhp.iyogi.com/laptop-recovery.html

Hope this information helps you.

I want to restore my laptop to factory settings before passing it on, but I am unable to find Recovery Manager in the directory.  The HP recovery partition appears in Disk Management,  but the laptop does not respond to F11 on boot up or to entering Recovery in the Search Box.

As an alternative to the above, I would be happy to create DVDs to restore the system to factory settings if this makes life any easier.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for this.  I had no F11 and didn't realise I had to activate the Recovery drive.  So this really worked for me!  Thanks again.

HP Recommended
  1. i need to recover my original system to reload windows 7due to constant frozen screen

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.