Question

Intern
talha-mustafa
Message 1 of 2 (1,271 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP DV6 WINDOWS 8 DRIVERS

Hi, I Have Hp Dv6-6100SE. I Dont Want To Take Any Risk. Just Help Me Get The Drivers So That I Can Easily update My Notebook To Windows 8. And Other Problem Which I Have Is That I Cant Backup my dv6. Tell Me How To Backup And How much Memory Will It Take ! Thanks 

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (1,255 Views)

Re: HP DV6 WINDOWS 8 DRIVERS

talha-mustafa,

First, here is an instructional document to show you how to make backups of your system:

HP PCs - Backing Up Your Files (Windows 7)

The News about Windows 8 Support from HP:

Systems built prior to 1-October-2011, for the most part, will not be on the list of those tested by HP for Windows 8 drivers.   The documents below explain what this means and why this is important to you.

This is your computer's webpage:

HP Pavilion dv6-6100se Entertainment Notebook PC

This is the Test Link:

Windows 8 Upgrade – HP Tested Systems Check

This is the Upgrade Assistant that can help determine "the good and the bad" news:

HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 7 Using the HP Upgrade Assistant

This is the Important Upgrade Document that you should read prior to upgrading:

Notebooks - Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8

The fact is that you can upgrade regardless - people do it all the time -- and sometimes it works out.  You have to work harder at making it work when there is not the driver support for Windows 8 and somethings may not work no matter what.  What you decide depends on your skill level, your depth of commitment, and your patience.

If you have an Image of your Windows 7 system -- maybe a couple of image backups -- you can upgrade and then just back out if it doesn't work for you.

Read what the documents say, do some searches on what people here on the forum say (those who have upgraded without driver support), and decide what you want to do.  Things that do not work easily might include:  switchable graphics, sound, various external programs, Bluetooth.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation