10-26-2013 11:58 AM
ive managed to downgrade my HP Pavilion 17-e020dx to windows 7 64bit and get everything working, display drivers etc... but what i cant seem to find is USB 3.0 port drivers for this computer or get the ethernet controller working. i know they come with windows 8 but i cant use windows 8 with the software i use. besides the point im wondering if there are any possible drivers for my laptop on windows 7?
Ethernet Controller Hardware ID:
Universal Serial Bus Controller Hardware ID:
This question was solved. View Solution.
10-26-2013 12:20 PM
For the USB 3.0...
First, install the AMD chipset driver and reboot. First file listed.
If the usb 3.0 drivers don't get installed automatically, then you will have to do one of two manual methods to install them.
Read the info at the thread below and try my steps first. If they don't work, then try the steps posted by NAP_CHL_IT.
10-26-2013 12:38 PM
10-26-2013 01:00 PM
Sorry that link didn't copy correctly.
You need to download and install the first file on this link...
10-26-2013 01:51 PM
10-26-2013 05:36 PM
10-26-2013 07:41 PM
You're very welcome.
Thanks for letting me know that the drivers don't completely install on the first go-around and that you may have to reboot the PC and repeat the process.
Glad you got the drivers installed.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)