HP Pavilion DV6-6070CA Windows 8 Drivers (46544 Views)
Top Student
Asanka-ca
Message 1 of 23 (46,544 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion DV6-6070CA Windows 8 Drivers

I'm sort of reposting this question because my earlier question is still unanswered & the experts are on forum until 21st September.

I need drivers for Windows 8 on my notebook (dv6-6070ca)

Specifically for Windows 8 64 bit drivers. Is HP going to provide driver updates for the new OS?

My notebook also has Beats Audio; will there be drivers for windows 8 for those specific hardware features as well?

I looked everywhere but failed to find a single driver update for windows 8. Can someone please help me?

Al lease someone please direct me to generic driver links (not only manufacturer sites though, because I had absolutely no luck with searching on manufacturer sites-- ones I downloaded are either not working or not compatible). (Stuff like VGA, which is an Intel one-- should be able to use Intel HD Mobile Driver; but ones i have downloaded didn’t work at all; what am I doing wrong, or can't hp work directly with Intel provided driver?)

My notebook hardware manufacturers are as follows:

VGA - Intel
Wireless, WiFi - Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Wireless, Bluetooth - Broadcom
USB 3 - Renesas Electronics
Biometric Device - Validity Sensors, Inc.
Card Reader - Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Sound - IDT + Beats
Processor - Intel 2nd Gen i7

Any help by anyone at this point will be really appreciated.

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 23 (46,530 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV6-6070CA Windows 8 Drivers

The Windows 8 drivers would be available on hp.com only after the official release of Windows 8 which is 26th October 2012. Eventhough I think HP will not release the drivers for DV6-6070CA, you would be able to find the necessary drivers that are linked from other models. We would be able to support you with the appropriate links.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Top Student
Asanka-ca
Message 3 of 23 (46,521 Views)

I have a question about getting drivers from other models.

Will the drivers from other models be compatible with my notebook? Or will it make the notebook unstable?

What about specific drivers such as beats audio driver?

And I would like to know why you think this model drivers will not be updated by HP? This is something I bought couple of months ago. (As I understand, this model is not the latest, but I've seen plenty of other older models for sale right now! -- If HP is selling the thing, wouldn't it be their responsibility to support them too?)

Top Student
Asanka-ca
Message 4 of 23 (46,518 Views)

Forgot to thank you for the reply. This is the only reply i got so far, so thank you very much!

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 5 of 23 (46,515 Views)

Here is a link where you can findout whether HP will provide the drivers or not:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/windows-8-offer/instructions.html

We would be able to help you mostly with the stable drivers needed for your system only after the said date earlier.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Top Student
Asanka-ca
Message 6 of 23 (46,513 Views)

I got following message when i entered the product number.

"HP has not tested this PC.

For this reason, HP is unable to provide upgrade instructions or Windows 8 drivers. You may lose basic functionality & stability if you try to upgrade."

I'm really hoping that HP will release at least some drivers for my notebook, or else I'm never buying HP again!

Guess I'll have to wait till Windows 8 is released.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 7 of 23 (46,510 Views)

The time given by microsoft is not enough for HP to test all the older units and release drivers. So, to meet the necessary timelines, there will be a cut off for the units. However, I am confident that you will be able to get most of the drivers for your unit including beats even though HP might not post them for your model specifically.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Student
smithandweston
Message 8 of 23 (46,254 Views)

Not enough time? Windows 8 was in development for a year. HP couldn't test drivers in a year?

Top Student
Asanka-ca
Message 9 of 23 (46,232 Views)

smithandweston wrote:

Not enough time? Windows 8 was in development for a year. HP couldn't test drivers in a year?

Well, I was hesitant to buy HP this time. (given every time i bought a HP, there was trouble) This will be a good lesson to me in the future; never buy HP again! Their support sucks (this thread proves it), products aren't any better either!

So this will be the last HP I'll buy!!!

Provost
CherylG
Message 10 of 23 (46,221 Views)

HP's statement is that drivers will be published for machines sold after 10/01/2011. Even if your machine was sold before that date, there are other later models with same hardware which will have publised drivers. As Vidya mentioned, we can help you get drivers/software compatible with your machine.

Someone may even do a Windows 8 upgrade guide like the Windows 7 Upgrade Guide(s) published as 'sticky' posts at top of this forum.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation