Question

Student
Shinch
Message 1 of 3 (786 Views)

HP Simplepass password help

So on initial setup of my pavilion dv6 notebook I left the password blank. Later on in playing with all the new toys, set up HP Simplepass. Now I am required to scan a fingerprint on entry (which is fine) but when I attempted to add a password to my user account through the control panel it tells me I already have a password??  So I'm assuming it set the simplepass password as my account password?? Is there some way in simplepass to access the simplepass password? I wrote it down but it seems to have gone missing in the christmas clean up and I am worried that if the finger scanner malfunctions I won't be able to access my account. Thanks in advance for any help!

Grad Student
icp_wolverine
Message 2 of 3 (742 Views)

Re: HP Simplepass password help

look for your p/n number then click on support and drivers at the top of this forum then type your p/n to go to your support and drivers page there is some troubleshooting links for the simplepass feature
Student
nnoor2
Message 3 of 3 (725 Views)

Re: HP Simplepass password help

Hi when I was setting up my laptop I clicked don't show again on the pop up for the fingerprint read and now it doesn't show up when I'm checking my email but today when my friend was using my laptop she clicked on it too and now when I want to sign in for another website the fingerprint scanner pop up doesn't show so  how do I reset it because I looked around and didn't see anywhere to reset it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation