12-08-2008 07:03 PM
I've been having problems with HP Update--every time it ran, I'd get a message saying "iPAQDetection2.exe: This application has failed to start because CEUTIL.dll was not found. Reinstalling the software may fix the problem."
I finally figured out that the problem goes away if I use HP Update version 18.104.22.168. It comes back every time I try to update to HP Update version 22.214.171.124.
12-08-2008 07:18 PM
Have you tried manually downloading the HP UPDATE 4.000.012.001 and right click on the SP40845.exe file and Run it as Administrator ..
Also, try downloading the HP Active Support Library (SP34016), right click and Run it as Administrator
there may also be some other things you may need
SINCE YOU DID NOT POST YOUR MODEL/PRODUCT NUMBER I CANNOT GIVE PROPER/ACCURATE INFORMATION !!
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
12-09-2008 08:17 PM
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)