Question

Honor Student
HilaryNY
Message 1 of 4 (1,826 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I get Beats Audio back and remove **IDS_SYSTRAY_TOOLTIP?

My new Beats Audio HP Pavilion m7 laptop doesn't have a Beats Audio manager, but it does have a weird white icon with a black sideways V that says "**IDS_SYSTRAY_TOOLTIP". When I click About, I get nothing useful, and giant text appears across my screen, that I can't seem to remove unless I restart ("Please click on a site to launch or type a few letters to search.")

This woman has a similar issue (found in a forum posting):

Well, I did the manual update that was sent via HP Support and when It finished, and I went to change my Beats Audio Settinga, there wasn't a toggle (for it) where I had placed it (near the wifi status indicator). All there is now is an icon that looks sort of like a sigma Greek letter and says (when I scroll over it) "**IDS_SYSTRAY_TOOLTIP". Help?

Honor Student
HilaryNY
Message 2 of 4 (1,819 Views)

Re: How do I get Beats Audio back and remove **IDS_SYSTRAY_TOOLTIP?

BTW - I'm on Windows 7. Thanks!
Provost
DavidPK
Message 3 of 4 (1,811 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

It looks like the audio driver has not configured correctly, so try the following.  ( Note:  Although the message refers to IDS, the installer at fault is the IDT audio codec just to be confusing :smileyhappy: )

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57966.exe

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load.  Open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
debabratamandal
Message 4 of 4 (1,620 Views)

Its a driver issue please remove it from c dirve where the drivers are stored after installtion, if you try to reinstall it will automatically remove it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation