03-06-2011 09:49 AM
I just purchased an HP dv6tse and it has a fingerprint reader. The OS is Windows 7 Professional. The fingerprint software appears to be HP SimplePass Identify Protection. My Windows 7 logon screen has both a User Account and Fingerprint logon icon, and I want the screen to show only a password logon box for my user account, like my work EliteBook which has no fingerprint reader.
When I research this it seems there should be a Biometric Devices link from Control Panel, but there is none. My guess is that the HP SimplePass software disables the display of the Biometric Devices control panel screen. Then it provides no equivalent functionality in its interface.
How do I remove the fingerprint logon icon from my Windows 7 logon screen and get the Windows 7 logon to go straight to my password logon, given the above?
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)