06-05-2013 04:59 AM
I attempted to dual boot opensuse with windows 8 on my laptop which somehow led to a boot problem. To fix the problem I had to do a clean install of windows which wiped out all the data and hard drive partitions.
The only problem now is that I have an unactivated version of windows 8 which I cannot activate.
Since I bought the notebook with windows preinstalled that means I also paid for the windows serial key (licence) and I don't see why I should have to part with 200 dollars to get a licence I already own.
I know the warranty doesn't cover software but I also know the manufacturer can provide the windows installation media for free or for a modest fee (since I already own it) upon request, so my question is: How do I make a request for the installation media, at what cost if any and how do I collect it?
HP ProBook 4540s C9K69UT#ABA
Windows 8 preinstalled
Country - Kenya
Warranty active till May 2014
This question was solved. View Solution.
06-05-2013 06:18 AM
You will need to contact HP support in Africa at the link below.
Call the number listed for business notebooks which I assume for Kenya would be 234 1 27 11 999 or +27 21 427 3240.
Inform the customer services rep that you need a set of recovery disks for your business notebook and you will need to provide the model # and serial #.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)