Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 (no touchscreen)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Since Windows 10 no longer has the charms bar, I was wondering if it were possible to assign edge-swipe touchpad gestures on Windows 10.

I have Control Zone type touchpad on my non-touchscreen HP laptop and it looks extremely ugly when the left and the right of the touchpad is darker gray but has no distinct purpose than the middle part.

I couldn't find any way to enable edge-swipe gestures in the Control Panel or Settings app. (Maybe there is but I failed to find.)

Is there any way to have edge-swipe gestures on Windows 10? On tablets, swiping from left if the screen brings up Task View and from right brings up Action Center. The gestures could at least be like that on the touchpad, too.

Is HP (or Synaptics) planning to release updated drivers for such thing?
Is there any way to create our own touchpad gestures, perhaps?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I also need to to know if "enable edge swipes" will works again.

I tried different drivers but noone works as before with W8.1

HP Recommended

I have the same question,

No news on this question?

HP Recommended

I also have this question.  I really enjoyed using the edge swipe and edge click gestures.  There are still plenty of uses for the gestures, and I would love the ability to assign them.

HP Recommended

I would also like an answer to this question.  It would be great if HP or Synaptics would  assign the control zones a swipe gesture.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.