Question

Top Student
Hyun18
Message 1 of 6 (2,284 Views)

Hp 3D Drive Guard and Protectsmart on Hp DV7-3165DX

Hi, I noticed and just recently realized it came with HP 3D Drive Guard(HDD Protection). I tried testing It out by shaking my huge laptop a little bit, and it didn't display that orange light that indicates the Drive is on Parked.My question is, how sensitive is it?Is it possible It's not working properly?(I've reinstalled it many times along with the Hp mobility drive protection sensor:It states the driver is working properly though...And my drive is supported and the driveguard is enabled.I have an AMD Processor, do I need the AMD support for Hp 3D Drive Guard for It? Another of my question is, How can I have Hp Protectsmart on my laptop?I've tried many ways listed on the internet, which didn't work. It only kept reinstalling Hp 3D drive guard, but Protectsmart is nowhere to be found.
Intern
vdl68
Message 2 of 6 (2,273 Views)

Re: Hp 3D Drive Guard and Protectsmart on Hp DV7-3165DX

Hyun18 wrote:
Hi, I noticed and just recently realized it came with HP 3D Drive Guard(HDD Protection). I tried testing It out by shaking my huge laptop a little bit, and it didn't display that orange light that indicates the Drive is on Parked.My question is, how sensitive is it?Is it possible It's not working properly?(I've reinstalled it many times along with the Hp mobility drive protection sensor:It states the driver is working properly though...And my drive is supported and the driveguard is enabled.I have an AMD Processor, do I need the AMD support for Hp 3D Drive Guard for It? Another of my question is, How can I have Hp Protectsmart on my laptop?I've tried many ways listed on the internet, which didn't work. It only kept reinstalling Hp 3D drive guard, but Protectsmart is nowhere to be found.

Why do you want to try to see if the Drive Guard work?? If you really want to test it, just drop your notebook down 3 or 4 feet. lol.. Do you have a high risk of worrys about your notebook falling down to see if it work??

Top Student
Hyun18
Message 3 of 6 (2,253 Views)

Uhh duhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

Why would I want an hdd protection that dont work?I wanna test it of course.

And that sensor is sensitive, you can just shake it a lil, you dont have to drop it,lmao.

Its for traveling as well, like when ur on a train, so the hdd dont get loose or whatever.

Intern
vdl68
Message 4 of 6 (2,238 Views)

Well duhhh....you want the risk of the HHD head hitting the platter and causing more damage if the feature does not work like you expected for it to work......

You not going to expect riding a train will casue a high g or causing the notebook to shake around all you worry is the high noise more then motion of the train lol....

Top Student
Hyun18
Message 5 of 6 (2,232 Views)

oehmgee,

WELL DUH I only did it once,

and it wasnt a hard shake.LOl

Top Student
Jeszica
Message 6 of 6 (2,040 Views)

AH AHHAHAHAH HAHA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation