Question

Honor Student
Dukey50
Message 1 of 4 (2,305 Views)

Intel Graphics 4000 & Windows 8.1: Error Code 43: HDMI Port Detection Problem

I am using an HP SpectreXT 13-2114TU Ultrabook recently upgadaed to Windows 8.1.

After upgrade my Ultrabook no longer recognises the connection of an Acer P221w VDU via the HDMI port and same issue occurs with an LG HD TV. Both previously connected seamlessly under W8.0.

Diagnosing the problem (via Windows) reveals that the Intel HD Graphics 4000 display adaptor has been stopped due to a code 43 error. The Windows diagnosis program states the drivers intalled are the most current

I have contacted Intel who recommended deletion and reinstallation of the drivers, this was done without success in resolving the problem. Intel claims that HP must have modified the drivers.

As usual Microsoft is useless in resolving the problem.

HP's Support Line cannot give any solution other than reinstallation of Window 8.0 for which they provided the install CDs as the ultrabook came with Winodws 8.0 already loaded. I am avoiding this step due to the time required to reinstall all software and hardware.

Does anyone have a fix?

Honor Student
Dukey50
Message 2 of 4 (2,233 Views)

Re: Intel Graphics 4000 & Windows 8.1: Error Code 43: HDMI Port Detection Problem

Problem solved .... reinstalled Windows 8.0!

Only took 4 hours to re-install all settings, programmes and apps. Waste of a morning.

Thanks for the excellent ugrade process and response Microsoft, Intel, HP and Acer.

Student
garfbradaz
Message 3 of 4 (2,079 Views)

Re: Intel Graphics 4000 & Windows 8.1: Error Code 43: HDMI Port Detection Problem

Hi Guys,

Same issue here, expect im connecting to the HP L2311c via DisplayPort. Im using Windows 8.1 and have updated to the latest Intel HD 4000 driver, but same issue.

Help.

Retired
Lil_Lisa27
Message 4 of 4 (2,047 Views)

Hey garfbradaz,

For the issue of getting code 43 error in the device manager, for your display adapter. There are minimal steps that can be done.

First try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver through Device Manager. I have included the steps below for this.
* From the Start screen type Device Manager
* Open Device Manager
* Click on View
* Click on Show hidden devices
* Right click on your display driver
* Click uninstall

You will then need to close down all windows, and restart your computer. When the computer is fully restarted, it should detect new hardware, and install the latest drivers.

If this step does not work. Next you can try reinstalling the original HP driver for Windows 8, I have included the document 'Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)'. Please reinstall just the display driver.

Now if that step does not work, you will need to complete a full system recovery, and revert back to Windows 8. I have included the document 'Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)'. Please follow through the steps in order for a successful recovery.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation