01-20-2010 09:44 AM
I've got two "base system device" drivers missing on my laptop. Previously I had Vista home premium installed. Ive now formatted HDD and installed 7 Home premium.
My laptop is a "HP Pavilion dv6822tx Thrive Special Edition Entertainment" laptop. The following are the details on the two items:
1. Location: PCI bus 7, device 9, function 2
2. Location: PCI bus 7, device 9, function 3
If any of you happen to know what these devices are and where I could their respective drives please let me know!
This question was solved. View Solution.
01-20-2010 09:51 AM
Ricoh 5-1 Card Reader Driver here (ver 6.10.01.03 for 32/64 bit Win7)
Check this thread too:
Windows7 Upgrade Guide for dv6000/dv9000 models
01-20-2010 10:00 PM
That worked well thanks! One more question, when I plug in my LCD monitor via VGA port and press the fn + f4 key the screen blinks but doesnt detect the external monitor. Any suggestions on this one?
01-20-2010 10:38 PM
Figured it out, downloaded the latest driver for my video card and it works. Nvidia driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winvista_win
12-15-2010 12:40 PM
Hey there I got the similar missing driver for Base System Device. Could you instruct me on what I need to do?
PCI bus 0, device 15, function 0
12-15-2010 03:19 PM
1. Please write your notebook product number (p/n). You'll find it at the bottom of the laptop on a sticker.
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)
2. Which system are you using on this model?
12-22-2010 02:16 AM - edited 12-22-2010 02:18 AM
I have similar problem too! the computer came with a vista, but my friend recently installed home premium window 7- 64bit for me.. and now my touch pad's scroll bar function and webcam doesn't work anymore. and I am missing both Base system devise as well.. is there something I can download to fix the problem or do I need to install the 32 bit..?
My laptop is a “HP Pavilion dv2910us Entertainment notebook PC”.
1. Location: PCI bus 8, device 9, function 3
2. Location: PCI bus 8, device 9, function 2
01-01-2011 01:02 PM
I have a HP Pavillion DV 2700, but I believe the exact model number might be a DV2915NR? I am getting those same 2x Base System Device driver problems while running Windows 7. The laptop came with Vista, and I don't like that OS.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
01-01-2011 02:29 PM - edited 01-01-2011 02:30 PM
You also need Ricoh Card Reader driver: here
|******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******|
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)