02-13-2010 01:33 PM
I might sound a bit special here but I cant open the disc drive in my HP elite book.
Can someone help?
Before you say, there is no button to press and release the disc drive anywhere!
02-15-2010 03:27 PM
Go to Start > computer > BD-ROM Drive > right click and look for eject. That's odd that there is no botton on the dvd-cd drive door.
If there is no BD-ROM Drive then look for "drivers with removable storage" and click the small arrow beside that.
09-22-2011 05:11 PM
There actully is a button to do this, its super hard to see though, but look on the bottom angle of the disc drive where it lists, dvd and all the other things it holds, and to the right of this is a small rectangle button that is black.
01-02-2013 02:32 PM
Some units do not come with a DVD/CD drive.
However, page 47 of this details inserting and removing DVDs/CDs for units that came with a tray load or slot load drive.
07-18-2015 11:18 PM - edited 07-18-2015 11:19 PM
I have a 2560p that does not have a disc drive. is it possible to swap in one into the same space. mine only has one hdd and that's it. i'm using a usb bd drive but it's for my gaming laptop that is a bit heavy to be portable for school. i got the 2560p for school and the less wires i have to deal with at school the better.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)