Question

Honor Student
4hbrainboy
Message 1 of 45 (109,176 Views)

QLBController Has Stopped Working

Everytime I start up windows an error message that says "QLBController Has Stopped working." This error is on a HP Probook 4530s which is currently running Windows 7 64-Bit. The error started occuring after I installed AutoDesk Maya.

Grad Student
icp_wolverine
Message 2 of 45 (109,163 Views)

Re: QLBController Has Stopped Working

reinstall your quick launch buttons for your pc..
Student
MomonDhana
Message 3 of 45 (107,950 Views)

I have the same issue that QLBController Has Stopped Working

My notebook is ProBook 6555b Im installing with Win 7 Profesional 32.

I have search quick launch button for it unit but I dont found it at

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4174173&...

so what I have to do?

Thanks
momondhana

Tutor
mrg553
Message 4 of 45 (102,079 Views)

hi
I just started getting the same message too, today, after getting "help" from an HP tech person on the phone. I have no idea what causes it. Did you ever get help or find out how to reinstall the quick launch buttons?
I have been on the phone for tech help, and this started after that call, after the tech looked around the registry. It seems one thing leads to another. I'd appreciate any idea what the QLB even does? The error message starts when I start the computer. Thanks.

Student
TechMgr
Message 5 of 45 (101,831 Views)

Found same error on 7/13.

Used system restore and selected 'aitch-pea'SF Applying Updates dated 7/12/12 at 12:53 PM (on my machine - will be different date on yours).

This resolved the problem.

Will post again if it comes back.

Honor Student
ww_tech
Message 6 of 45 (101,751 Views)

Had same problem. Uninstalled Connection Manager and DayStarter, rebooted, then installed latest versions from (ProBook 7530s) downloads page.

Has not re-appeared - even after several reboots to confirm. :smileyhappy:

Guessing it got boofed by a windows update.

Tutor
mrg553
Message 7 of 45 (101,726 Views)

That took care of it. I had some help from a really great HP tech at 8pm my time. But I need to say that the registery also was taken out of whack by an earlier tech. I watched him, I saw which files he clicked on and this and the scheduler got so out of whack. Thank goodness, I called back and got someone smart and persistent, because my complaint is that too soon, the techs quit -- if they don't make it worse -- and just tell you to reinstall the OS.

I gave the great tech glowing ratings on an email asking for feedback. He deserved it.

Now I need to figure out why my notebook won't back up.

Honor Student
mianmajidhanif
Message 8 of 45 (101,427 Views)

Solution Confirmed :
go to control panel and UNINSTALL "HP CONNECTION MANAGER"
and Restart your ProBook ...
i had got this problem yesterday and solved it today by the method which i am telling you ................!!!
Honor Student
AshwaniGandotra
Message 9 of 45 (101,240 Views)

Recently for a week or so as i start my window operating system i receive a message that QLB controller has stopped working..Please inform what is this mesage & how to set it right....

Student
abrishk
Message 10 of 45 (100,803 Views)

Hi HPcomputer,

I need your assistance, because when I have opened my computer always said me QLBController has stoped working

so please share me your idea how to maintain the problem of my computer window.

Regards,

Mr. Weldemariam

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation